Happy 1st Birthday

Today was my son's first birthday. He started his day off at 6:45 a.m. making a beeline to the kitchen. Well, actually, he did make a couple of detours. My 4 year old daughter was sleeping in my room, so he went to whack her in the head before deciding to bang on my bedroom door to be freed. It's a good thing the 4 year old really loves him and thinks he's her baby. I keep telling him that one of these days she's going to whack him back, but he doesn't seem to think that's possible ...

Anyway, school went fine today. My husband took my 4 year old daughter upstairs to review her alphabet (she's trying to convince us that she doesn't know any of her letters -- strange girl) with the birthday boy. I tackled my 2nd grader's courses and had to resort to tickling when her brain took a powder. I've found tickling to be quite effective if applied before the meltdown has time to build up momentum.

Anyway, all in all it was a pleasant day with the Birthday Boy "cooking" in his "oven" (the storage area under the actual oven) and trying to convince us that the pans needed to be placed in the refrigerator. He made his own birthday cake (with the help of his big sisters and dad) and got to play with lots of spoons, pans and mixing bowls. So, I think he enjoyed his birthday, even if he didn't know it was his birthday. Next year we'll actually do something with balloons and singing.

Tomorrow my second grader has a lot of club meetings to attend, so I'd best be off to sleep.

Comments

Jody said…
Hope your son had a great Birthday! LOL about wacking his sister in the head LOL. LOL about the tickling. What I have done with my second grader is when he get's almost to the meltdown point when he doesn't understand what we are doing, I make him stand up and scream really loud (well when hubby isn't sleeping LOL) I CAN DO IT! LOL I have him do it till he laughs and then usually he will get it soon after. Weird I know but hey it works LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for Your Homeschooling Year Couldn’t Be Easier

School Daze

Don't you hate when your kids get sick?