Ode to a Laptop

It's wonderful to be back on the internet again. Two weeks ago my faithful laptop booted up for the last time. I guess all the homeschooling and typing assignments finally got to it. It was four years old. Now, I guess I shouldn't be too sad since it did last four years and only over the past two months did I have to hook it up to my television because the screen died. And, yes pressing the right arrow key would take me to the save menu. But it was my buddy.

It kept me busy during my sojourn of bedrest during my last pregnancy. It played videos on our two hour treks to civilization to visit the family. It told us many stories (I subscribe to Audible) and recently it began to play movies for me as I tune into Netflix for my entertainment needs.

So, with a heavy heart (and mourning pocketbook) I purchased my new laptop from Walmart. It's a beauty. I'm still a little afraid of the thing. For one thing, it runs Windows Vista, which is a beautiful looking system, but I can't find a darn thing on it. So I guess this weekend I'm going to be studying the basic mechanics of the thing.

It has a webcam (I didn't know how much I hated looking at myself until I started playing with this thing -- my children look much better), microphone, DVD Burner and all the bells and whistles. You can check it out at www.hp.com. It's the HP Pavilion dv9627cl Notebook PC. When my 7-year-old first saw it outside of the box, all she could say was "Whoa!" Even Mr. Danger who'll be a year old in a couple of weeks hasn't tried to touch it yet.

Anyway, it's good to be back online!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for Your Homeschooling Year Couldn’t Be Easier

School Daze

Don't you hate when your kids get sick?