Choir Practice was Lovely

My daughter, Jade, joined the children's choir last month, but was out sick with the plague with the rest of my household for much of their rehearsal time. We had the CD and I practiced with her at home, so the choirmaster allowed her to rejoin the group tonight. They really sound good. This is my first experience with choirs, and I must say I was very impressed with how everything functions.

Secretly, I am interested in joining the adult choir, but I can't do it right now because Mr. Michael won't let anyone hold him, and its hard to sing when your arms are full. :-D.

I'm also very happy that Jade has started making friends on the choir. We've only been attending church for the last three months, but we're now starting to fit into the group a bit more comfortably. Growing up as a JW, I never realized how much warmth can come from a church. (We were taught that the church is one of the unknowing tools of Satan, so you can imagine what I imagined it would be like as a child!)

Anyway, we have more rehearsal tomorrow and a pizza party afterwards, so I'm heading off to bed. The moment of truth will be on Sunday when they perform for both services. I'll make sure I have plenty of batteries to take some pictures to share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for Your Homeschooling Year Couldn’t Be Easier

School Daze

Don't you hate when your kids get sick?