I'd like my sinus infections with a side order of Fifth's Disease

Well, its' been awhile since I got a chance to put anything on the blog. The month of December is going to be renamed "The Month of Disease". It has been one thing after another. All of the "women" in the house have sinus infections (that includes me!), my son had Fifth's Disease, which my oldest daughter contracted last week. It was a "wonderful" side disease from her sinus infection.

My mother is going to drive me to drink. When the kids had colds last month she started on her mantra about how I must be doing something wrong because the children keep getting sick. Maybe my house isn't clean enough or I need to get rid of the animals. My sister's advice is to send the kids to school (?) so that I can give the house a thorough cleaning, thus preventing colds. Now, the last time I checked elementary school is the breeding ground for every disease known to man and the children are the best vectors for these germs ever invented. But of course, this homeschooling must be the problem.

Sometimes I think that the economy downslide must be caused by homeschooling -- everything else is!

The upside of this enforced isolation has been the time it has given me to think and ponder my options. Am I doing things the best way possible? How can I be more efficient with homeschooling, working, family, etc.? Am I a terrible wife because my husband commutes to NYC and I stay home with the kids? Should I return to work so that we'll be able to take more vacations and have lots of stuff to show for it? Should my extended family shut up and get a life?

In my next blog, I will expound on those questions and reveal a secret about myself that I didn't know I had until I spent a few days manually washing dishes. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for Your Homeschooling Year Couldn’t Be Easier

School Daze

Don't you hate when your kids get sick?