Personal Development

Another thing that I learned while being under quarantine is the wonderful program called Mentoring for Free (http://pat.mentoringforfree.com). It is a program designed to help people who work from home or have a network marketing business that they are working on the side. The program is truly free (yeah!) and my mentor Pat is awesome.

They have seminars on everything from advertising ideas to building a good spiritual (not based any particular religion) base of operation. I signed up because I felt that I was being overwhelmed, and that is a very unfamiliar feeling for me. So, I took a chance and visited Pat's site. I still wasn't sure if I would like the program until I attended a seminar this past Wednesday. One of the "textbooks" that is used is a book by Napoleon Hill called "Think and Grow Rich". They cover a chapter a week and each person submits what that chapter means in their lives and how they plan to use the lessons that they've learned. I know it sounds hokey, but by the end of the telephone call I was impressed. So, I'll be doing some homework this weekend so that I can participate fully next week.

One thing that busy mothers have to be careful about is draining their inner resources dry while they manage their households. I was very guilty of that, especially of late. So, between the recharge I get from church and my mentoring sessions I will get from Mentoring for Free, I should be able to perform at a higher level of activity with less stress. God knows that if you decide to homeschool you'll need lots and lots of energy.

Now I think that I'd better get my last hour of sleep before the usual suspects start lobbying for breakfast ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for Your Homeschooling Year Couldn’t Be Easier

School Daze

Don't you hate when your kids get sick?